Saturday, March 14, 2015

Should You Inform An Author You Have Used Their Work?

In my other blog, Christ In Winter, for 3-11-15, entitled “Send Your Cousin to a Conference,” I told the story of how someone took the ideas I wrote in an article and turned them into a lecture series and a book. He acknowledged me, but did not inform me. I would not have known about it had not my cousin been at the conference. The question arose for authors, which I asked in that CIW blog, Do we have an obligation to inform someone whose ideas we have used? If you are looking for an answer, you probably won’t find one there, but it’s sort of an interesting story to read.


John Robert McFarland

Daughter Katie Kennedy’s Learning to Swear in America will be published by J. K. Rowling’s publisher, Bloomsbury Press, in 2016.

Author guru Kristen Lamb says that author blogs are counter-productive, that a blog must be “high concept.” I have no idea what that means, but just forget about JUST WORDS being an author blog and consider it ‘high concept.”

My novel, VETS, about four handicapped and homeless Iraqistan veterans who are accused of murdering a VA doctor, will be published by Black Opal Books in 2015.

I tweet as yooper1721.

No comments:

Post a Comment