Tuesday, May 27, 2014

JUST WORDS: Poetry & Vulnerability

 The second thing I do each morning is to write a poem. [The first think is to start the coffee.] The goal is not to turn out great poetry, [and I always reach that goal,] but to get the day’s words started. Here is the poem for 3-16-14, which I posted in Christ In Winter:

It Will Not Be in the Morning

It will not be in the morning when I rise
Nor will that be the time I fly away
But when the night is dark and deep
that time of staring but not seeing
as in a stand of rooted pines
I shall slip away
between tall trees
A new-born fawn will see me go

I’m re-posting because I’m feeling rather vulnerable right now. A new-born fawn was in our back yard yesterday morning and was back this morning, tiny and wobbly, trailing its mother.

John Robert McFarland

I decided to re-title this blog to JUST WORDS, but so far, Blogger won’t let me edit the title, even though it claims that is a possibility. We’ll see…

I also write Christ in Winter: Reflections on Faith from a Place of Winter for the Years of Winter. http://christinwinter.blogspot.com/

In case you missed it, a Tweet Repeat: I have learned the unforgettable truth four times.

I tweet as yooper1721.
                    
My novel, VETS, will be published by Black Opal Books in late 2014 or early 2015.


MY OTHER BOOKS:

NOW THAT I HAVE CANCER I AM WHOLE: Reflections on Life and Healing for Cancer Patients and Those Who Love Them [AndrewsMcMeel & HarperAudio, with Czech and Japanese translations] Paul K. Hamilton, MD, the co-founder of CanSurmount, called it “The best book for cancer patients, by a cancer patient, ever.”

AN ORDINARY MAN [HarperPaperbacks] Randall MacLane just wanted to be an ordinary man. But sent with a message for Custer, he became a drifting lawman with a knack for killing, and a deep well of loneliness. Then a twist of fate brought him full circle…

THE STRANGE CALLING: Stories of Ministry [Smyth&Helwys] I didn’t want to be a preacher, but I made a deal with God to save my sister’s life. Was that really a “call,” though? I said, “I’ll try t for 50 years, and if I still don’t know, I’ll do something else.” These are stories of what happened in those years of questioning the call.

WHEN FATHER RODE THE MAIL and Other Stories of Christmas [lulu.com] ISBN 978-1-300-38566-0

If you like baseball poetry, take a look at “Frosty & the Babe” http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/frosty_and_the_babe.shtml




No comments:

Post a Comment