Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Trying to Start an Author Blog

Well, it's time for me to have an author blog, according to Black Opal Books, which will bring out my novel, VETS, in late 2014 or early 2015. I suppose if you Google John Robert McFarland, you might also get another of my blogs, Christ In Winter. That's okay.

The problem is this: I am a writer, and I don't know how to do anything but write. I look at blogspot blogs by others, like Mary Larson Child's Portwing Passages, and there are all sorts of neat pictures and stuff. I don't know how she does that.

Also, Jane Friedman says that writer blogs should have separate pages for bio, etc. For the moment, just assume that I have a past. Maybe I'll learn how to make a page that details it some day.

In the meantime, you could take a look at NOW THAT I HAVE CANCER I AM WHOLE: Reflections on Life and Healing for Cancer Patients and Those Who Love Them. It's published by AndrewsMcMeel and HarperAudio and there are Czech and Japanese translations. Paul K. Hamilton, MD, the co-founder of CansurMount called it "The best book for cancer patients, by a cancer patient, ever."

Or THE STRANGE CALLING, or AN ORDINARY MAN...

Or you might look at the Baseball Almanac site for my poem, Frosty and the Babe, about Robert Frost pitching to Babe Ruth. It was written for and read at the 100 year anniversary of the birth of the Babe, at Hofstra U. There is a bunch of my other stuff wandering around on the web.

My writing is eclectic. I never know what will happen when I sit down at the computer.

Please be patient. Maybe I'll figure out how to make this page more than "just" words.

JRMcF

No comments:

Post a Comment