Thursday, May 22, 2014

WORDS ARE ENOUGH


I know what I’ll do: I’ll trust the words, and the readers, to read and understand the words.

After all, this is an author’s blog, words about words. I’ll not do anything fancy, have different pages for different subjects, arresting pictures, streaming whatevers. The fact that I do not know how to do any of those has nothing to do with this decision to use words alone.

They used to say that “a picture is worth a thousand words,” but if I can’t say it in words so that you can see it, I’m not an author. Besides, in these days of photo-shopping, a picture is more likely to be a thousand lies.

So here’s a toast, with raspberry jam on it, to the words, and to you.

John Robert McFarland


I also write Christ in Winter: Reflections on Faith from a Place of Winter for the Years of Winter. http://christinwinter.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment